A huge 'thank you' to everyone who took part in the Big Give Christmas Challenge over the past few days. Together we raised a fantastic £15,816!
All the money raised will be used to support young people through our Esteem project in 2019: promoting positive relationships; challenging unhealthy perspectives about relationships and sex; helping young people increase their sense of self-worth and their confidence; and equipping them to take care of their emotional and sexual health.
Here are our aims for the Esteem project in 2019:
Aim 1: Educate 2000 young people in the London borough of Southwark, to increase their knowledge and confidence about relationships and sexual health by:
- Partnering with 12 secondary schools in London, building on the strong relationships we already have with their teaching staff and students
- Providing sessions on topics such as self-esteem, puberty, relationships, consent, teenage pregnancy, STIs and HIV, sexting, pornography and media
- Gathering feedback, testimonials and case studies to show evidence of changes in knowledge and improvements in health and wellbeing
- Expanding our curriculum, developing new resources and lesson plans with input from young people and adhering to government guidelines for RSE
- Providing 5 four-day training courses in our Esteem programme, growing our network to 93 members delivering RSE for 11-18 year olds
- Accrediting our bespoke programmes with the Open College Network so that more youth practitioners are recognized as experts in specialised RSE delivery
- Equiping members of our Esteem network with new session plans, resources, bespoke programmes, up-to-date research and statistics about RSE
- Providing ongoing support and continued training for our educators to help them overcome any challenges
Aim 3: Equip 200 parents and carers to effectively support their children in the transition to adulthood by:
- Collaborating with existing school and church partners to offer 6 workshops that improve parents'/carers' ability to approach RSE positively
- Providing parents/carers and external educators with resources specially designed to encourage informative and age-appropriate discussions within families
- Using our expertise to offer online content to parents/carers around how to talk to their children about relationships and sex
- Actively promoting our workshops so that more parents/carers can gain access to information, practical suggestions, resources, and support
Want to know more? Interested in our training courses, parent workshops or lesson delivery? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.