October online ACCREDITED relationships & sex education training course
This training is open to anyone with an interest in RSE: our network of trained educators work in a variety of fields.
It equips educators to provide up-to-date RSE in line with the 2019 government guidance on relationships, sex and health education and the Children and Social Work Act 2017, allowing you to:
- Have an opportunity to gain a university-level accreditation in 'teaching relationships and sex education'
- Support young people in building self-esteem
- Support young people in developing healthy relationships
- Develop confidence in talking openly and sensitively about sexual health issues
- Support young people to develop skills and resilience to deal with the influence and impact of modern technology on relationships and sex (including porn)
- Communicate to young people the importance of making healthy life choices about sex
- Plan and deliver effective, fun and interactive sessions with young people
- Apply best practice and recommended government policy guidelines
acet UK has over 30 years experience in providing school-based education on relationships and sexual health topics. Our Esteem materials and training have been used in hundreds of schools and last year over 35,000 young people benefited from our materials.
This training day will be facilitated by Paul Semakula and Gareth Cheesman.
Paul is acet UK’s accredited RSE training coordinator for London and the South, and the schools’ worker for London. Before working for acet UK, Paul was working with young people across a spectrum of ages, contexts and capacities. Paul has a wealth of experience of working in secondary schools having delivered RSE lessons to thousands of young people. Paul holds a level 3 award in education and training, and runs training for teachers, youth workers and counselors in RSE delivery.
acet UK's Esteem network director, Gareth was originally trained as a JNC validated youth worker before moving into teaching relationships and sex education. Gareth has a decade of experience teaching relationships and sex education, is an accredited trainer and is currently finishing a Masters in Public Health.
Working with the Open College Network, acet UK can provide trainees on the course with the opportunity to achieve a level 4 accreditation in 'Teaching relationships and sex education'.
We highly recommend the course is completed with the accreditation as it will help new RSE educators demonstrate their capabilities in the field of RSE, and will also support their professional development.
Completion of the level 4 accreditation requires learners to complete two small assignments based upon the Esteem training and is subject to a formal assessment. If you would like to know more about the accreditation please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or get in contact via the contact form on this website.
The accreditation certificate costs just an extra £75 per person: to access the accreditation element, please select the £350 training fee option when booking on to the course.
The standard £275 training fee includes each participant's first-year membership of the Esteem network and specifically, for the online course, we will post you a package of physical RSE resources to use during the video training. Being a member of the network licenses you to access the core digital Esteem materials, including lesson plans, activities and other teaching resources.
Additional benefits of Esteem network membership include:
- Discounts on update training events
- Discounts on Esteem conferences
- Regular updates about relationships and sex education issues
- Ongoing support from acet UK staff
- Early access to newly developed resources
The training days are currently scheduled for the following dates. (Please note that, when adapting the accredited training for an online context, we have changed the delivery structure to 6 shorter days compared to our offline format of delivery of 4 longer days).
- Wednesday 14th October 2020 (11:00am - 4.00pm)
- Thursday 15th October 2020 (11:00am - 4.00pm)
- Wednesday 21st October 2020 (11:00am - 4.00pm)
- Thursday 22nd October 2020 (11:00am - 4.00pm)
- Wednesday 28th October 2020 (11:00am - 4.00pm)
- Thursday 29th October 2020 (11:00am - 4.00pm)
If you have any questions, please email us at email@example.com
We have worked hard to ensure that, during this time of lockdown, the online version of our training in as interactive and effective as our face-to-face courses. However, in recognition that meeting people face to face can be really valuable for learners, once we are back to running training courses in person, we will arrange optional, free, one-day, in-person, update training events for anyone who attended the video conferencing version of our RSE training courses during the COVID-19 lockdown period.
Here is some feedback from the accredited courses we have already run online this year.
The technical requirements for learners to attend include a computer and a webcam, with access to Zoom, or a phone or tablet with the same capability. You can learn more about the Zoom video conferencing software and can sign up to, for free, at https://zoom.us/. If you are a first time user of Zoom, you will have the opportunity to 'have a go' with the software before the course starts with the lead trainer.
|Accredited 2020 Training fee per person||£ 350.00|
|Standard 2020 Training fee per person||£ 275.00|