October in-person ACCREDITED relationships & sex education training - LONDON
This training is open to anyone with an interest in RSE: our network of trained educators work in a variety of fields.
The course equips educators to provide up-to-date RSE in line with the 2019 government guidance on relationships, sex and health education, and the Children and Social Work Act 2017, allowing you to:
- Have an opportunity to gain a university-level accreditation in 'Teaching Relationships and Sex Education'
- Support young people in building healthy self-esteem
- Support young people in developing healthy relationships
- Develop confidence in talking openly and sensitively about sexual health issues
- Support young people to develop skills and resilience to deal with the influence and impact of modern technology on relationships and sex (including porn)
- Communicate to young people the importance of making healthy life choices about sex
- Plan and deliver effective, fun, and interactive sessions with young people
- Apply best practice and recommended government policy guidelines
Click here for a summary of what is covered during our accredited RSE course.
acet UK has over 30 years experience in providing school-based education on relationships and sexual health topics. Our Esteem materials and training have been used in hundreds of schools and last year over 35,000 young people benefited from our materials.
This training day will be led by Paul Semakula.
Paul is acet UK’s accredited RSE training coordinator for London and the South, and the schools’ worker for London. Paul has worked with young people across a spectrum of ages, contexts, and capacities and has a wealth of experience of working in secondary schools having delivered RSE lessons to thousands of young people. Paul holds a level 3 award in education and training, and runs training for teachers, youth workers, and counselors in RSE delivery.
Working with the Open College Network West Midlands, acet UK can provide trainees on the course with the opportunity to achieve a level 4 accreditation in 'Teaching relationships and sex education.'
Completion of the level 4 accreditation requires learners to complete two small assignments based upon the Esteem training and is subject to a formal assessment.
Click here to find out more about the accreditation.
The accreditation certificate costs just an extra £200 per person: to access the accreditation element, please select the £500 training fee option when booking on to the course.
The standard £300 training fee includes each participant's first-year membership of the Esteem network.
Being a member of the network licenses you to access the core digital Esteem materials, including lesson plans, activities, and other teaching resources.
Additional benefits of Esteem network membership include:
- Discounts on update training events
- Discounts on Esteem conferences
- Regular updates about relationships and sex education issues
- Ongoing support from acet UK staff
- Early access to newly developed resources
The training days are currently scheduled for the following dates.
Tuesday 11th October 9:30am-5pm
Wednesday 12th October 9:30am - 5pm
Tuesday 18th October 9:30am - 5pm
Wednesday 19th October 9:30am - 5pm
If you have any questions, please email us at email@example.com
This event is set up to accept credit/debit card or Paypal payments. If you require an invoice for your employer to pay for your place via another payment method, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Training fee per person (please tick one):|
|Accredited Training fee per person||£500.00|
|Standard Training fee per person||£300.00|