January in-person ACCREDITED relationships & sex education training - MANCHESTER
This training is open to anyone with an interest in RSE: our network of trained educators work in a variety of fields.
The course equips educators to provide up-to-date RSE in line with the 2019 government guidance on relationships, sex and health education, and the Children and Social Work Act 2017, allowing you to:
- Have an opportunity to gain a university-level accreditation in 'Teaching Relationships and Sex Education'
- Support young people in building healthy self-esteem
- Support young people in developing healthy relationships
- Develop confidence in talking openly and sensitively about sexual health issues
- Support young people to develop skills and resilience to deal with the influence and impact of modern technology on relationships and sex (including porn)
- Communicate to young people the importance of making healthy life choices about sex
- Plan and deliver effective, fun, and interactive sessions with young people
- Apply best practice and recommended government policy guidelines
Click here for a summary of what is covered during our accredited RSE course.
acet UK has over 30 years experience in providing school-based education on relationships and sexual health topics. Our Esteem materials and training have been used in hundreds of schools and last year over 35,000 young people benefited from our materials.
This training day will be led by Gareth Cheesman.
acet UK's Esteem network director, Gareth was originally trained as a JNC validated youth worker before moving into teaching relationships and sex education. Gareth has a decade of experience teaching relationships and sex education is an accredited trainer and holds a master’s degree in public health.
Working with the Open College Network West Midlands, acet UK can provide trainees on the course with the opportunity to achieve a level 4 accreditation in 'Teaching relationships and sex education.'
Completion of the level 4 accreditation requires learners to complete two small assignments based upon the Esteem training and is subject to a formal assessment.
Click here to find out more about the accreditation.
The accreditation certificate costs just an extra £200 per person: to access the accreditation element, please select the £500 training fee option when booking on to the course.
The standard £300 training fee includes each participant's first-year membership of the Esteem network.
Being a member of the network licenses you to access the core digital Esteem materials, including lesson plans, activities, and other teaching resources.
Additional benefits of Esteem network membership include:
- Discounts on update training events
- Discounts on Esteem conferences
- Regular updates about relationships and sex education issues
- Ongoing support from acet UK staff
- Early access to newly developed resources
The training days are currently scheduled for the following dates.
Tuesday 17th January 2023 9:30am-5pm
Wednesday 18th January 2023 9:30am - 5pm
Tuesday 24th January 2023 9:30am - 5pm
Wednesday 25th January 2023 9:30am - 5pm
If you have any questions, please email us at email@example.com
This event is set up to accept credit/debit card or Paypal payments. If you require an invoice for your employer to pay for your place via another payment method, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can find out more details of the venue at their website The Message Enterprise Centre.
The MEC is just two minutes from the M56. There is lots of visitor parking at the front and back of the site.
The MEC is on several major bus routes. The no. 43 bus takes approx 55 mins (on at Piccadilly Gardens, off at Sharston Road). The no. 105 bus takes approx 40 mins (on at Piccadilly, off at Sharston Road).
The MEC is a short taxi ride from Gatley or East Didsbury train station
Teas, coffees & biscuits are provided but lunch is not provided. There are a variety of options for lunch at the cafe on site or you can bring you own lunch.
|Training fee per person (please tick one):|
|Accredited Training fee per person||£500.00|
|Standard Training fee per person||£300.00|