Teacher training in relationships & sex education (secondary) 25th July 2023
The course aims to provide you with the vital skills and knowledge you will need to be able to deliver high quality and effective RSE.
The course is designed for secondary school teaching staff, anyone with a teaching qualification, or anyone training to become a secondary teacher, and is up-to-date in line with the 2019 government guidance on relationships, sex, and health education.
The course will allow you to:
- Support young people in building healthy self-esteem and respect for themselves and others
- Support young people in developing healthy relationships
- Develop confidence in talking openly and sensitively about sexual health issues
- Support young people to develop skills and resilience to deal with the influence and impact of modern technology on relationships and sex (including porn)
- Communicate to young people the importance of making healthy life choices about sex
- Apply best practice and recommended government policy guidelines
- Identify, review and select appropriate RSE resources
acet UK has over 30 years experience in providing school-based education on relationships and sexual health topics. Our Esteem materials and training have been used in hundreds of schools and last year 38,000 young people benefited from our materials.
OPTION 1 - training with Esteem network membership and access to resources:
Select the £180 training fee if you would like to gain access to our full core range of RSE teaching materials, including the two 6-session, targetted programs, the Boys' Project and Girls' Project. This £180 training fee includes one person's first year's membership of our Esteem network of RSE educators.
Additional benefits of network membership include:
- Discounts on update training events
- Discounts on Esteem conferences
- Regular updates about relationships and sex education issues
- 10 Free live RSE skill workshops per year and access to the back catalogue of recorded workshops
- Ongoing support from acet UK staff
- Early access to newly developed resources
OPTION 2 - training fee only:
If you only wish to access the training course without any of the benefits of membership, then please select the £125 training fee.
Whichever option you choose, we will post you a package of RSE resources to use during the video training.
If you are wanting to book on a team of teachers from the same school, please contact us to discuss a group rate.
The training day is scheduled for
- Tuesday 25th July 2023 (9:30am - 4.30pm)
If you have any questions, please email us at email@example.com.
The technical requirements for learners to attend include needing a computer and webcam, with access to Zoom or a phone or tablet with the same capability. You can learn more about the free video conferencing software Zoom and can sign up, for free, at https://zoom.us/. If you are a first time user of Zoom, you will have the opportunity to have a go with the software before with the lead trainer.
|Fee per person - training, first year membership (including access to Esteem manual of teaching resources)||£180.00|
|Fee per person - training only||£125.00|