Nov-Dec 2023 online ACCREDITED relationships & sex education training course
This training is open to anyone with an interest in RSE: our network of trained educators work in a variety of fields.
It equips educators to provide up-to-date RSE in line with the 2019 government guidance on relationships, sex and health education and the Children and Social Work Act 2017, allowing you to:
- Have an opportunity to gain a university-level accreditation in 'teaching relationships and sex education'
- Support young people in building self-esteem
- Support young people in developing healthy relationships
- Develop confidence in talking openly and sensitively about sexual health issues
- Support young people to develop skills and resilience to deal with the influence and impact of modern technology on relationships and sex (including porn)
- Communicate to young people the importance of making healthy life choices about sex
- Plan and deliver effective, fun and interactive sessions with young people
- Apply best practice and recommended government policy guidelines
Click here for a summary of what is covered by the accredited course.
acet UK has over 30 years experience in providing school-based education on relationships and sexual health topics. Our Esteem materials and training have been used in hundreds of schools and last year over 35,000 young people benefited from our materials.
This training day will be led by Paul Semakula.
Paul is acet UK’s accredited RSE training coordinator for London and the South, and the schools’ worker for London. Paul has worked with young people across a spectrum of ages, contexts, and capacities and has a wealth of experience of working in secondary schools having delivered RSE lessons to thousands of young people. Paul holds a level 3 award in education and training, and runs training for teachers, youth workers, and counselors in RSE delivery.
Working with AIM Qualifications, acet UK can provide trainees on the course with the opportunity to achieve a level 4 accreditation in 'Teaching relationships and sex education.'
Completion of the level 4 accreditation requires learners to complete two small assignments based upon the Esteem training and is subject to a formal assessment. Please note that the assessment process can take several months, as your assignments will go through two internal markings and then to AIM Qualifications for external quality assessment.
Click here for more about the accreditation.
The accreditation certificate costs an extra £200 per person: to access the accreditation element, please select the £500 training fee option when booking on to the course.
The standard £300 training fee includes each participant's first-year membership of the Esteem network. As we are a non-profit organisation, we actively seek charitable funding to keep our training fees as low as we can to make our courses as accessible as possible. We want to see as many young people as possible receiving high-quality RSE from trained professionals.
For the online version of our RSE course, we will post you a package of physical RSE resources to use during the video training. (Please note that we regret that we can NOT post this pack of resources to you if you are based outside of the UK. Instead, we will give you a digital pack and instructions on how to create some hands-on elements. You will need access to a printer before the course for the latter).
Being a member of the network licenses you to access the core digital Esteem materials, including lesson plans, activities, and other teaching resources.
Additional benefits of Esteem network membership include:
- Discounts on update training events
- Discounts on Esteem conferences
- Regular updates about relationships and sex education issues
- Ongoing support from acet UK staff
- Early access to newly developed resources
The training days are currently scheduled for the following dates. (Please note that, when adapting the accredited training for an online context, we have changed the delivery structure to 6 shorter days compared to our offline format of delivery of 4 longer days).
- Thursday 30th November 10.30am - 4pm
- Friday 1st December 10.30am - 4pm
- Thursday 7th December 10.30am - 4pm
- Friday 8th December 10.30am - 4pm
- Thursday 14th December 10.30am - 4pm
- Friday 15th December 10.30am - 4pm
Please note booking for this course will close 8 days before the start date to allow us time to make preparations for the course. If you have any questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The technical requirements for learners to attend include a computer and a webcam, with access to Zoom, or a phone or tablet with the same capability. You can learn more about the Zoom video conferencing software and can sign up to, for free, at https://zoom.us/.
This event is set up to accept credit/debit card or Paypal payments. If you require an invoice for your employer to pay for your place via another payment method, please contact us on email@example.com.
|Training fee per person (please tick one):|
|Accredited Training fee per person||£500.00|
|Standard Training fee per person||£300.00|