Teacher training in relationships and sex education (secondary)
This course is only open to people with a PGCE in secondary education or equivalent qualification (you will need to email a scan of your qualification to us after booking to confirm your eligibility to attend).
The course will allow you to:
- Apply the new 2019 government guidance on statutory RSE in your context
- Assess the effectiveness and appropriateness of RSE resources
- Support young people in building self-esteem
- Support young people in developing healthy relationships
- Develop confidence in talking openly and sensitively about sexual health issues including STIs, pregnancy and contraception
- Support young people to develop skills and resilience to deal with the influence and impact of modern technology on relationships and sex, including looking at sexting and the impact of porn.
- Communicate to young people the importance of making healthy life choices about sex
acet UK has 30 years experience in providing school based education on relationships and sexual health topics. Our Esteem materials and training have been used in hundreds of schools and last year over 30,000 young people benefited from our materials. This training day will be facilitated by acet UK's Esteem network director, Gareth Cheesman. Gareth was originally trained as a JNC validated youth worker before moving into teaching relationships and sex education. Gareth has a decade of experience teaching relationships and sex education, is currently finishing a Masters in Public Health, and is a visiting lecturer for the University of Chester.
After completing the training course, teachers have the opportunity to become a part of the Esteem network. Members of the Esteem network gain a licence to use existing Esteem lesson plans and access the members section of the acet UK website. If multiple teachers from the same school attend their school can pay for school membership (£160) or an individual can pay for standard membership (£105). Additional member benefits include:
- Discounts on update training events
- Discounts on Esteem conferences
- Regular updates about relationships and sex education issues
- Ongoing support from acet UK staff
- Early access to newly developed resources
The training day will be held on the following date:
Tuesday 2nd July 2019 (9.30am - 5.00pm)
Refreshments and a two course lunch is included in the price for the day.
Please note by registering for this event you will have reserved a place on the course. The running of this course is subject to a minimum number of attendees. Once we have enough people signed up, you will be sent an invoice for the training fee. Your place will be confirmed on receipt of payment. If we do not reach our minimum number of delegates, we will not be able to run the course and you will not be invoiced. If you have any questions, please email Gareth@acet-uk.com.
24 Weoley Park Road
Birmingham, B29 6QX
|Teacher Training Place||£ 250.00|