Girls' Project Training (Esteem members only)
Join us for this one-day training event for Esteem network members, focusing on the new Girls' Project resource. The training will provide attendees with key insights into the pressures some young girls face in the climate of modern culture, as well as resources and ideas to engage a diverse group of young girls in a small group setting.
Date: Friday 1st of November 2019
Time: 10.30am - 4.30pm
Ticket Price: £40 per person
(Please bring your own lunch or make use of one of the many local food establishments. Tea and coffee will be provided).
The Girl's Project materials have been developed over a number of years by our London Esteem team and the resources have been piloted and tested with multiple groups across the country. This training will include details of the full resource available to Esteem members and provide additional support for educators wanting to invest in this type of small group work.
The course will allow you to:
- Have an opportunity to get hands on with the brand new materials
- Support female young people in responding to common challenges they face
- Develop confidence in your small group faciliation skills
- Encourage young people to discover and develop their self-worth
- Plan and deliver effective sessions based on example session plans
The Girls' Project covers five topics (generally delivered in one-hourly sessions over 7 weeks):
- Standards of Beauty - explores cultural and societal standards of beauty and how they can influence our self-esteem.
- Media Messages (Part 1 & 2) - explores the impact of social media, as well as the subliminal messages portrayed in media.
- See Me (Part 1 & 2) - seeks to explore the topic of intimacy, the healthy and unhealthy behaviours/boundaries in a relationship, as well as the legal components for consent.
- Safe and Sound - raises awareness of sexual exploitation, as well as how to identify signs of abuse within a relationship, including reporting methods.
- Under Pressure - explores peer pressure and its impact on relationships and sex.
Please note that this event is only open to trained Esteem network members - please do not attempt to book onto this event if you are not a current member of the Esteem network. If you are not a member of the Esteem network and would like to hear more about our Esteem RSE training course please click here.
Vauxhall Bridge Road
Pimlico, London SW1V 2PS
|Esteem Member||£ 40.00|