Spring online accredited 4 Day Relationships & Sex Education Training Course [SOLD OUT]
This course was previously scheduled as an in-person course in a physical venue in Cambridgeshire but, due to the ongoing COVID-19 situation, the course has been adapted to be run online. This will not impact the content of the course or the accreditation learners can achieve by completing this course, read more about this adaption on this blog post.
In recognition that meeting people face to face can be really valuable for learners, once we are back to running training courses in person, we will arrange optional, free, one-day, in-person, update training events for anyone who attended the video conferencing version of our 4 day RSE training course during the COVID-19 lockdown period.
This course equips educators to provide up-to-date RSE in line with the 2019 government guidance on relationships, sex and health education and the Children and Social Work Act 2017.
Working with the Open College Network, acet UK can provide trainees on the 4-day course with the opportunity to achieve a level 4 accreditation in 'Teaching relationships and sex education'.
We highly recommend the course is completed with the accreditation as it will help new RSE educators demonstrate their capabilities in the field of RSE, and will also support their professional development.
Completion of the level 4 accreditation requires learners to complete two small assignments based upon the Esteem training and is subject to a formal assessment. If you would like to know more about the accreditation please email Gareth at email@example.com or get in contact via the contact form on this website.
The standard £275 training fee includes each participant's first year membership of the Esteem network, and a physical RSE resource. Being a member of the network licenses you to access the core digital Esteem materials, including lesson plans, activities and other teaching resources.
The accreditation certificate costs just an extra £75 per person: to access the accreditation element, please select the £350 training fee option when booking on to the course.
The course will allow you to:
- Have an opportunity to gain a university-level accreditation in 'teaching relationships and sex education'
- Support young people in building self-esteem
- Support young people in developing healthy relationships
- Develop confidence in talking openly and sensitively about sexual health issues
- Support young people to develop skills and resilience to deal with the influence and impact of modern technology on relationships and sex (including porn)
- Communicate to young people the importance of making healthy life choices about sex
- Plan and deliver effective, fun and interactive sessions with young people
- Apply best practice and recommended government policy guidelines
After completing the training course, you will become part of the Esteem network. Members of the Esteem network gain a license to use Esteem resources and access the members' section of the acet UK website. Additional benefits include:
- Discounts on update training events
- Discounts on Esteem conferences
- Regular updates about relationships and sex education issues
- Ongoing support from acet UK staff
- Early access to newly developed resources
The training days will be held on the following dates:
- Tuesday 21st April 2020 (9.30am - 4.30pm)
- Wednesday 22nd April 2020 (9.30am - 4.30pm)
- Tuesday 5th May 2020 (9.30am - 4.30pm)
- Wednesday 6th May 2020 (9.30am - 4.30pm)
If you have any questions, please email Gareth@acet-uk.com
Technical requirements for learners to attend include needing a computer, a webcam, with access to Zoom or a phone or tablet with the same capability. You can learn more about the free video conferencing software zoom and can sign up to, for free, at https://zoom.us/. If you are a first time user of Zoom, you will have the opportunity to have a go with the software before with the lead trainer. Just email Gareth@acet-uk.com if you would like to test zoom before booking your place on this online course.
|Accredited 2020 Training fee per person||£ 350.00|
|Standard 2020 Training fee per person||£ 275.00|