From a sponsored cycle ride to a charity coffee morning, fundraising events are a great way that you can raise money for acet UK, and build awareness of our work at the same time.
Here are a few tips and tools to help you on your way:
- Let us know that you are fundraising for us, as we may be able to help publicise your event and provide you with materials about our work to share with your supporters.
- You can set up a fundraising page with Give.net: select acet UK as your charity, and allow your family and friends to sponsor your event, by credit or debit card, from anywhere in the world.
- If you are running a sponsored event, please download the official acet UK sponsor form here.
- Don't forget to ask the supporters of your event to Gift Aid their donations. Gift Aid allows us to claim back the tax on any eligible donation that you receive – this could mean an extra 25p for every £1 you raise. Find out more about Gift Aid and download a Gift Aid form here.
- Check with your employer to see if they can match the amount you’ve raised, so you can double the total.
Here's some examples of what our supporters have been doing to fundraise for acet UK:
His dad’s employer then matched the total raised, so Finn’s final total exceeded £1000.