Working with the Open College Network, acet UK can provide trainees on the 4 day course with the opportunity to achieve an accredited level 4 award, 'Teaching relationships and sex education'. This award is designed for new RSE educators to help support their development and demonstrate their capabilities in the field of RSE. Completion of this level 4 credit award requires learners to complete two small assignments based upon the Esteem training and is subject to formal assessment. If you would like to find out more about this accredited award, please email Gareth at email@example.com or get in contact via the contact form on this website.
Our 4 day RSE training course equips participants to:
- Support young people in building self-esteem
- Support young people in developing healthy relationships
- Develop confidence in talking openly and sensitively about sexual health issues
- Support young people to develop skills and resilience to deal with the influence and impact of modern technology on relationships and sex (including porn)
- Communicate to young people the importance of making healthy life choices about sex
- Plan and deliver effective, fun and interactive sessions with young people
- Apply best practice and recommended government policy guidelines
Once trained, participants will have the opportunity to become members of the Esteem network of educators.
“I have just done a one week course in RSE with acet UK and I couldn’t recommend it enough. The days are packed full of content, delivered by passionate educators using a range of different tools. There is a really balanced mix of ideas for lessons, resources and documents to draw info from and it’s all delivered In a manageable way. I’ve met some likeminded people who I’m definitely going to be staying in touch with. Above all, I’ve left feeling empowered about RSE and can’t wait to deliver to young people. Thanks so much.”
“It taught me to be non-judgemental, and empower young people to make their own informed healthy decisions about sex without telling them what to do.”
"I cannot tell you how much I learnt, and I’m so much more confident to go into schools and deliver RSE lessons, I also feel more passionate and driven to get into the schools and make a positive difference."
"Wanted to drop you a quick thank you message for the RSE training l did last summer. I did a session with year 6 today on peer pressure - l did The Crisp Game. It went really well, they were thoroughly engaged and acted just as l thought they would: you could see the turmoil on their faces when the rest off the group said a different flavour to what they had eaten. I was buzzing with it. My confidence grows with every session and I’ve asked my head if l can do more. Thanks again or being an inspiring teacher."