acet UK's Esteem teacher training in relationships and sex education (RSE) is designed primarily for secondary school teachers wishing to improve their RSE delivery and increase their confidence in delivering this subject. The course reflects the most up-to-date information, in line with the 2019 government guidance on relationships and sex education, sex education and health education.
We offer teacher training either as an INSET day or as a short series of twilight sessions.
The training will allow you to:
- Apply the new 2019 government guidance on statutory RSE in your context
- Assess the effectiveness and appropriateness of RSE resources
- Support young people in building self-esteem
- Support young people in developing healthy relationships
- Develop confidence in talking openly and sensitively about sexual health issues including STIs, pregnancy and contraception
- Support young people to develop skills and resilience to deal with the influence and impact of modern technology on relationships and sex, including looking at sexting and the impact of porn.
- Communicate to young people the importance of making healthy life choices about sex
After completing the training course, teachers have the opportunity to become a part of acet UK's Esteem network. Members of the Esteem network gain a licence to use existing Esteem lesson plans and access the members section of the acet UK website. See our membership page for details of additional benefits.
For more information on our teacher training and membership, please contact us.
“This is the best training I’ve seen. I now feel better equipped across a range of subjects.” - Assistant Principal, Solihull
“Very thorough and covered all bases. Now feel 100% comfortable to deliver this content. Very informative and great fun!” - Head of Year, Southwark
“This training has given me more confidence in dealing with issues at whole school level” – Deputy Head Teacher, Twickenham