Thanks to our partnership with Recycling for Good Causes, if you have any unwanted or broken jewellery and watches, you can recycle them at no cost to you, whilst raising funds for acet UK!
You can recycle:
- Any jewellery – precious, costume, children’s, and watches (in any material) including broken and damaged items (like odd earrings, snapped chains or items with missing stones).
- AND unwanted banknotes from ANY country of any age, so all of those obsolete pre-Euro notes are a perfect start!
Our partners at Recycling for Good Causes will reuse and recycle the jewellery and banknotes, giving the proceeds to acet UK, saving precious raw materials at the same time.
If you would like to send your jewellery and banknote for recycling, simply use your own envelope or jiffy bag (no bigger than A5 in size) and post free of charge by printing out the Freepost label here and attaching it to your envelope.
*Please do not send coins or stamps to the Freepost address as the postage costs will far outweigh your donation. Also, if you have amounts that exceed an A5 envelope, please see 'Got larger items to recycle?' below.*
You can also donate your used stamps to raise much-needed funds for acet UK. All kinds of stamps are welcome, whether they are loose or stuck to paper.
Simply cut or carefully rip the postage stamp from the used envelope, being careful that you don’t damage the stamp, and once you have a collection pop them in an envelope, making sure you have the correct postage, to: acet UK, PO Box 16992, Sutton Coldfield, B73 9YA (*postage needs to be applied for this scheme).
Recycling for Good Causes will arrange collections for larger quantities of stamps weighing over 10kg (this equates to about two buckets full of stamps). For further information email email@example.com or call them on 0800 633 5323.
If you have a large amount of the above items or would like to collect more over a period of time then the Recycling Project is for you.
Recycling for Good Causes will send you a sack (free of charge) to put your items in and when it is of an acceptable weight (between 10 and 30kg), you just give them a call or drop them an email and they will arrange collection free of charge at a convenient time for you.
It’s that simple and there is no long term commitment.
You can also donate a much wider range of items in the Recycling Project sacks:
- Jewellery & watches (in any material, even if damaged or broken)
- Currency – banknotes AND coins, UK and foreign (even if out of circulation)
- Mobile phones
- Cameras (old film, digital and video)
- Stamps (Loose, single, albums, first-day covers, presentation packs, collections, postcard collections)
- Gadgets (Sat-Navs, Ipods, MP3 players, games consoles, games & accessories).
Please call Recycling for Good Causes on 0800 633 5323 or email them at firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more information on their polybag/sack recycling project.